Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I care for my leather accessories?
A: Much like other leather products, the Buck & Wing accessories should be cherished and protected. Each bicycle comes with a container of “Pappy’s Dubbin” leather care product. Apply this product regularly, as directed, to your Buck & Wing leather saddle and handgrips to help soften and condition the leather while adding water resistance. Like other leather products, your Buck & Wing accessories should be kept away from moisture and prolonged direct sun exposure.
Q: How should I clean and protect my bicycle?
A bicycle, much like a car, requires continued care and maintenance. Warm water mixed with a mild dish soap is great for keeping the frame clean and shiny. Avoid cleansers and sprays that can dull the finish.
Regular maintenance on components, like the chain, brakes, and internal gear systems is also important to keep your bicycle in good working order. The nature and frequency of the maintenance required varies based upon usage. Consult the owners’ manual and work with your qualified local bicycle repair shop to ensure you have a maintenance regime that is right for you and your bicycle.
Q: My bicycle has arrived. Now what?
A: Congratulations! You are moments away from riding your beautiful new bicycle. A few simple steps are required in order to complete the assembly of your Mozie Bicycle. (NOTE: It is important to read the owners’ manual in its entirety. Failure to properly read and understand the owners’ manual, and to ensure proper bike fit, mechanical safety, and suitability, can result in injury or death.)
- Remove the packing straps and open the top flaps of the container.
- Lift your Mozie bicycle out of the container. Activate the kick-stand and set your bicycle down in the upright position.
- Remove all protecting packaging materials from the bicycle, including the plastic ties holding the pedal cranks in place.
- Open the parts box that comes included in your bicycle carton.
- Read the owners’ manual for full instructions. Contact Mozie Bicycles or a qualified local bicycle repair shop if you have questions or need assistance.
- Using the included allen wrench, loosen the hex bolt at the top of the headset and straighten the headset to be perpendicular with the front wheel. Tighten the hex bolt once the desired position is achieved.
- Using the included allen wrench, loosen the hex bolt on the underside of the headset, and rotate the handle bars into the upright position. Tighten the hex bolt once the desired position is achieved.
- Using the included allen wrench, loosen the hex bolt on the left –hand braking lever, and rotate it into the forward position. Tighten the hex bolt once the desired position is achieved.
- Locate the pedal marked “R”. Using the included wrench tool, attach it to the right side of the pedal crank arm by twisting it in a CLOCKWISE manner into the threaded end of the pedal crank arm.
- Locate the pedal marked “L”. Using the included wrench tool, attach it to the left side of the pedal crank arm by twisting it in a COUNTER-CLOCKWISE manner into the threaded end of the pedal crank arm.
- Check tire pressure and add air as needed.
- Adjust the height and angle of the seat, handle bars, and braking levers to fit your needs. Ensure all fittings are properly tightened and all items, including brakes, are in working order. Follow the detailed steps from the owners’ manual before you ride.